Lauren Underwood for Congress is seeking a Creative Director for the 2024 election cycle. The Creative Director is responsible for overseeing the campaign’s digital fundraising, in-house production and rapid response needs. This person will have strong creative/content development and project management experience. We are looking for candidates with exceptional storytelling skills, craftsmanship, intellectual curiosity, and someone with a focus on managing the creation of innovative work. This individual is a highly organized self-starter with a positive attitude and a passion for progressive Democratic politics.
In addition to Lauren Underwood for Congress, the Creative Director will support the congresswoman’s related political activities, including American Mosaic PAC and Farm Team PAC.
Note: Applicants who are willing to relocate in or near the 14th Congressional District of Illinois are strongly preferred.
- Create and lead the campaign’s digital content and creative efforts.
- Build out and manage an editorial and creative calendar, pitching new concepts and moving quickly to execute on them.
- Work closely with the creative consultants to establish and maintain a cohesive and strategic message across platforms, focusing on amplifying the Congresswoman’s accomplishments.
- Manage LUFC’s digital fundraising program, working closely with the Finance Director and other fundraising consultants
- Active management of all digital communications channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc)
- Develop copy and content for digital platforms, including social posts, graphics, scripts, and email.
- Monitor conversations locally and online to identify and amplify compelling stories, as well as potential rapid response.
- Support other special projects, assignments, and tasks in collaboration with the Congresswoman and other senior staff.
- Work with our merchandising partner to manage and grow our online store.
- Manage the relationship with our outside digital firm, who handles digital ads and some fundraising.
Who you are:
- 3+ years experience working in digital media, either for a campaign, nonprofit or private sector company.
- Strong copywriting ability. You can capture our voice *and* elevate it to the next level.
- An understanding of brand strategy and can understand the look, feel & tone of a brand quickly;
- Understand the current social media landscape and best practices for each platform.
- Strong project management and managerial skills
- Highly motivated with a proven eye for design and the skills to back it up! (Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc). Video editing is a plus!
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail, able to juggle multiple tasks at the same time and can meet tight deadlines.
- You value feedback and understand how to incorporate it into your work.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and strong written and verbal communication
- Proven familiarity with political and digital best practices
- Experience with social media channels, and an understanding of how to create optimized content for each channel
- Familiarity with Sprout software to track performance and analytics
- Experience with Adobe Suite, Canva, and other software to produce engaging graphics and video on a quick timeline
- Demonstrated interest in progressive politics, with a willing to work long hours and weekends as needed
- Ability to demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant and productive ways
- Personal and professional commitment to promoting and investing in cross-cultural skills and awareness related to individuals from broad backgrounds, races, ethnicities, religions, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and disability.
- Proven interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills with the ability to build relationships with staff at all levels
Salary for this senior-level position on our team will be $7,000/month + comprehensive benefits package
Our Commitment to Inclusion & Diversity:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Lauren Underwood for Congress is committed to building and fostering a workplace of diversity and employee inclusion. We strongly encourage candidates with a diversity of lived experience and identities to apply.
Please visit https://underwoodforcongress.com/jobs to fill out our form and we’ll be in touch!
LINK TO APPLY https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf12-xm5mf_2yTfqI9g_YXYaYmoa0aqINvB01SNK4q1vM4Pfw/viewform?usp=sf_link