With early voting set to begin, Underwood has endorsed nearly 50 state and local candidates.
ST. CHARLES, IL — Congresswoman Lauren Underwood today announced her support for 18 additional candidates under her political action committee (PAC), the Farm Team PAC. One day prior to the beginning of early voting, Underwood has now thrown her support behind 45 candidates for state and local office in northern Illinois.
“From Wauconda to Warrenville, from Plainfield to Plano, we have extraordinary candidates running for state and local office across our communities. Today, I am so proud to endorse a group of 18 brilliant women. Though women represent more than 50 percent of our population, we represent only 25 percent of Congress and 29 percent of our nation’s state legislatures,” Congresswoman Underwood said. “Adding new and diverse voices to state and local offices will allow us to make progress on behalf of all northern Illinoisans. With the final day to vote just six weeks away, I hope voters will get to know the candidates I want on my team.”
Underwood today announced her support for the following candidates:
- Meg Loughran Cappel, Illinois State Senate District 49
- Janet Yang Rohr, Illinois State House District 41
- Kate Monteleone, Illinois State House District 50
- Leslie Armstrong McLeod, Illinois State House District 64
- Candice Adams, DuPage County Circuit Clerk
- Margaret Peggy O’Connell, DuPage County Circuit Court Judge
- Jill Otte, DuPage County Circuit Court Judge
- Corinne Pierog, Kane County Board Chair
- Jamie Mosser, Kane County State’s Attorney
- Theresa Barreiro, Kane County Circuit Clerk
- Mary Kay Crantz, Kane County Board District 10
- Ruth Kuzmanic, Kane County Board District 12
- Mary Murray, Kendall County Board District 2
- Marnie Michelle Slavin, Lake County 3rd Subcircuit Court Judge
- Jessica Phillips, McHenry County Board District 2
- Elizabeth Vonau, McHenry County Circuit Court Judge
- Kim Klein, McHenry County 4th Subcircuit Court Judge
- Jennifer Bertino-Tarrant, Will County CEO
About the Farm Team PAC: The Farm Team PAC is dedicated to supporting exceptional candidates running for state and local offices across the 14th Congressional District in Illinois. Congresswoman Underwood launched the Farm Team PAC in September of 2019 to support candidates in various local offices including — the statehouse, county office, county boards, and judicial courts. The Farm Team PAC will recruit, train, and financially support candidates in DeKalb, DuPage, Kane, Kendall, Lake, McHenry, and Will Counties. Learn more about the Farm Team PAC at farmteampac.com.